Sunday, January 6, 2013

Disney on Ice

Back in October, I took my daughter to Disney on Ice at the Patriot Center. I have to admit, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! They did four stories: The Little Mermaid (Ariel), Tangled (Rapunzel), Beauty & the Beast (Belle), and Brave (Merida). Natalie absolutely loved it, and I had a lot of fun using my telephoto lens to capture the ice dancers. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of photos I was able to get given that I was using a telelphoto for many of them, and the skaters were moving. I thought I'd finally get around to sharing them here!



 What amuses me about the above photo is that in person I had no idea that the ugly step sisters were played by men - the close up made that pretty obvious!
ARIEL


 The technicolor explosion during the large group dance for Ariel's story was so gorgeous! 
When Ariel received her legs, she went way up into the air to do some circus type of aerial tricks. 
RAPUNZEL
  

 I was very impressed by the two people ice skating together in the Maximus costume!


 I had to get a wide view of this part, after the lanterns were released in Rapunzel's story - they were all dancing with flags! Very winterguard - loved it :)
MERIDA
 Unfortunately, the above seems to be the only decent picture I took of Merida during her portion, and she's not moving. But it's a fairly classic pose for this princess!


BELLE



During the finale, all of the princess came out in their finest dresses (this was my daughter's favorite part); my best shot was this one taken of Belle and the "beast".

No comments:

Post a Comment