Thursday, January 24, 2013

Self-portraits: All dressed up

As most of you know, last weekend I attended the Virginia Democrats Inaugural Ball in Arlington, VA. I have not been this dressed up in a long time (hair done by a good friend, spent a lot longer on my makeup than I typically do), so I didn't want to waste the opportunity to take some self portraits. If you're friends with me on Facebook, then you've already seen this first photo below - after taking this off of my camera, it had to become my new profile pic! I don't think I could ask for a better one.


 I don't typically like photos of myself in profile, as I don't think I have a very good profile at all. However, there is something about this photo below that I absolutely love, so I'm sharing it here.
 And, a close-up view of my hair. How  gorgeous is that, even at the end of the night?!
 And, just for fun, a couple of "sassy" full-length shots of the gown. Oh, that gown. I want to wear it all the time. I'll just have to settle for once more later this year at another formal event, I suppose.
  
I do know that the proportions on these photos are a bit...off. Unfortunately I did not have a good background to photograph in front of, and the only way to make them look decent was to crop in this much. I think for this circumstance, it kind of works, although I'd never try to print them!

Getting glammed up, having a blast at an event with friends, and taking some photographs is so much fun. This is why I'm planning some boudoir photography shoots of friends - I want to make other women feel as amazing as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment