Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Welcome, Lucy!

I had not set up my home studio in quite a while, but in February I was suddenly had a very good reason to do so: we got a new puppy! Her name is Lucy, she's an English Springer Spaniel, and we got her at 8 weeks old. I took these photos the following weekend, when she was 9 weeks old.

I wasn't sure how well she would do, but I think I caught her at a good time - she was pretty chill for most of the photo shoot, and fairly pliable with being posed. She even gave me an excuse to use a fun springtime backdrop that I have.


 Lucy came to us with the best "sad face" I'e ever seen. She's slowly outgrowing that (she's 11 weeks now, as I post this), but her puppy face was so sad!
Eventually she did curl up in the basket and doze a bit. Too cute!
 But then it was playtime again; I tried to take some candid shots but she was moving too quickly for many of them. I did manage to catch this one.
 I changed to a neutral backdrop, got her special blanket, and tried again with the new set up. Many photos with the basket ended up like this...I caught this one just before she (once again) escaped.
 So, I removed the basket and just used the blanket.


 I thought "Why not try the basket one more time?" I got one cute photo
 ...ad many that turned out just like this one.
 My kids then came in and wanted to take some photos (more on those in my next post). They tried to take some with her (sitting nicely), but Lucy wasn't accommodating at the moment. So instead, we got out some toys and I took a few action shots. I love how this one came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment