Saturday, July 5, 2014

Weekly Photo Project: June 2014

Time to finish catching up on my Weekly Photo Project submissions! This post gets me through June 2014. Let's not wait!
June 2 - 8: "Create a Mood"
For this one, I chose a photo that I took of one of my best friends during her wedding day shoot. I was tagging along as driver for her, her husband-to-be, and their photographer. I was able to snag a couple of shots of my own in between bridesmaid duties, and love how this one came out! Certainly a mood of "Beauty".


June 9 -15: "Reflections"
There are of course many ways to take a photo of a reflection, and I had some intended ideas for this topic. However, while sitting on the side of our community pool, I was mesmerized by this reflection of the sun on the water, and the abstract ripples and swirls it made through the surrounding water. I grabbed my iPhone and took this shot.

June 16 - 22: "Spirituality"
I had intended to submit an older photo for this week, as I had a few that would have worked, but unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to. I'll just have to hold onto those for a future week!

June 23 - 29: "Macro Photography"
When this topic came up, I had been reading a lot about macro photography and had some ideas, specifically with using the reverse-lens macro trick. After watering my lily flowers one evening, the water drops clinging to the orange petals gave me an idea....and this photo was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment