Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fireworks July 2014

Unlike the past three years, where my family just set off some small fireworks ourselves, this year I went to the beach to watch the town fireworks get set off with my daughter. Prior to those fireworks starting, some other viewers on the beach were setting off some of their own. Before it was fully dark, I was able to do some long-exposure shots (camera on my tripod) and obtained these first few photos. For those who care, here are  the settings that I used: iso 640, f/22, 3.2s


With these next two, I was better able to aim the camera on the tripod to the position where the fireworks would actually explode, getting the center of the fireworks.
At the end, the revelers set off about three at once, and I got this shot, which I think is my favorite of the night!
Shortly thereafter, the official fireworks started. These were much further away (at least a mile up the beach), and I had already put my tripod away so as to not interrupt the view of others. I didn't take too many photos, as I was enjoying them with my daughter, but I did get a couple of shots, taken at settings:  iso 1000, f/8, 1/20s

By far, my favorite fireworks photos that I've taken yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment