Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new photography blog! While I have always loved taking photographs (starting with disposable cameras in high school, through my first very bulky, small-screen digital camera in 2001, and now with my digital SLR), it's only recently that I've taken it up as a hobby. As I just mentioned, for this past Christmas I received a new camera: Canon Rebel t2i. I immediately had a lot to learn, and I think over the past 4 months my skills have vastly improved. I've been trying to cram in my "photography" pictures on my family blog, but that hasn't been working so well, so I decided to start another blog, dedicated to honing my photography skills and showing my favorite shots to the world (or, probably more accurately, my friends and family). 

My goal here is to showcase the realm of possibilities with photography, and highlight those photos that I think really stand out. I've even entertained the idea of this becoming a side-business for me, possibly selling photos I take that people really enjoy, or even (cheaply) hiring myself out for kids parties, taking photos of people's pets, etc, but I don't really think I'm there yet (and honestly, I don't know if I have the time to do something like that with working full time and having two kids at home). For now, this will be the place where I display my photos, and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing them as much as I've enjoyed taking them!


I'm hoping to update the blog a couple of times a week with either a new "category" containing multiple photos, or just my favorite photo of the past couple of days. To start everyone off, here are the first ones I originally showcased on my family blog: our pets!

My sister's cat. I love his lion-like pose
 My parents' parrot fish
  My spaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment