Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pansies

On my excursion two weeks ago around northern Leesburg, I came across the landscaped entrances to Potomac Crossing and Exeter (where I live). While I love taking photos of wild flowers, there's beauty in those that have been planted as well.
I love pansies, as they can grow just about anywhere (except my front yard, as I don't get enough sun there), and they come in so many beautiful colors. By Potomac Crossing there was a whole section of purple/blue and yellow pansies.


 I love the shading in this one. The yellow and purple together is such a lovely combination.

This is a shot of the gazebo at the entrance. I love the rising sunlight on the gazebo, and the puple and yellow below.

Across the street is the entrance to Exeter. I had noticed from my vehicle that there were flowers planted under the sign, so since I was on foot I thought this would be a great time to snap some close-up photos.


 The photo above is probably my favorite of all. I can't get over the color combinations and textures.
Is there anything as lovely as this riot of colors? I'm pleased to see that my HOA does it up in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment