Monday, March 31, 2014

The Weekly Photo Project: March 2014

As I mentioned in my last Weekly Photo Project post, I started off March with choosing the first topic. Having just finished going through my photos from a visit to The Louvre last year, I chose this as our first topic, and submitted a photo of my favorite statue from the museum (Cupid and Psyche)
March 3-9: Objet d'Art
 March 10-16: Abandoned/Old/Dilapidated
We spent the weekend at my parents' house in the Outer Banks, and I went out searching for an abandoned beach house. My aunt directed me to this one, and I used the setting sun to backlight.

 March 17-23: Spring has Sprung. An apt title, given that March 20 was the first day of spring. However, at home in Virginia we had nothing but snow and cold. It wasn't until I reached Brussels over the weekend that I finally saw the first hints of spring. Unfortunately I submitted my photo too late to be chosen for the following week, due to travel and lack of internet, but I still love it!

March 24-30: A Childhood Memory. As I was in The Netherlands all of this week, nothing I shot really reminded me of my childhood. However, this photo taken by me in the Outer Banks earlier this month of my dad and daughter certainly did. It made me think of both time spent with my own grandfather, and time spent with my dad, holding me like this, when I was my daughter's age.
And once again, it was chosen as favorite photo! That means I get to kick off April with a topic of my choice as well. I look forward to sharing that in 4 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment