Sunday, March 30, 2014

San Diego Zoo

In November 2013 I went to San Diego for a conference. I took one additional day there, after the conference was over, to spend at the San Diego Zoo, as I had repeatedly heard it is one of the top zoos in the world. My friends were not wrong: it was amazing, and I would go back again in a heartbeat. I took well over 200 photos there, so it was hard to select just a few favorites to post here, but I did my best!

Many of the photos I took were of the beautiful flamingos. They, along with many of the other animals I saw, were practically posing for me! 
 



Stunning raven

 My favorite animal, the red panda. If you want to see even more cuteness from this little guy, click here.
 I'd never seen a secretary bird in person before. They were stunning in their very large nest, particularly when backlit by the setting sun.
 I have a dream of owning a capybara one day: the world's largest rodent. So very cute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment