Tuesday, March 18, 2014

San Francisco

At the end of October I had the opportunity to travel for the first time to the San Francisco bay area with a colleague. I didn't have time to take too many photos, as we had at least 4-5 client visits scheduled every day of the trip. Since we started with visits early on Monday, we arrived on Sunday, which allowed us to get some sight-seeing done in the city prior to heading north to Sacramento.

We walked around a good part of the city, near a section of the Golden Gate Park. We passed beautiful row homes, interesting trees, had some dim sum (delicious!), and walked a few miles around.

I snagged these photos of my colleague without him realizing - I love the mood in them!

 


As we entered Golden Gate Park, we first encountered the Rose Garden in the Botanical Gardens. My colleague humored me while I snapped a few flower photos, which is something I can never resist.
Part of the fun of being in the park was people watching. The park was of course home to many people exercising, but I think this guy was my favorite!
After leaving the park, we walked the couple of miles back to our car and then drove over to the Fisherman's Wharf area. I got my first glimpse of the famous bay as we got out of our car (which we parked on one of San Francisco's famously high hills!).
The wharf was really lovely, affording views of the many ships stationed there
...and the famous Alcatraz prison.
Sadly, we didn't see any sea lions, which are often found sunning themselves just off the pier. However, there was amazing people watching there, and we got chocolate direct from the Ghirardeli factory. All in all, a fantastic few hours in the city - I hope I get to go back some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment