Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunset over the pond

I discovered today that I purchased a piece of photography equipment and then promptly forgot about it: a polarizing filter that fits my 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses. I can't believe I put this in my camera bag and then forgot about it! This filter is perfect for bright sunny days, as it eliminates quite a bit of the harsh sun's glare. It made for nice levels of brightness on photos I took today of our kids at the park (I definitely had much less post-editing to do than I would have otherwise on these photos!), and when I was struck by the beauty of our pond at sunset, I took these also using the filter, and again very little editing was needed in post. The colors just POP!


 I've now ordered a polarizing filter for my 50mm lens, and a neutral density filter for the two lenses above, as that should be even more help in outdoor photography. They arrive just in time for us to head to the beach next week, and I'm very much looking forward to putting them to use at all hours of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment