Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Setting sun: backlighting

Our new house backs onto a beautiful (man-made) pond, which looks especially lovely as the sun is setting at night. 


I've tried to go out and catch the magic moment when the setting sun completely illuminates these cattails in golden backlight, but it's a very short window of time and unfortunately I've just missed it each time.
I received two new external flashes last week (Youngnuo YN-560), and in trying to get that magic moment of illumination (which I unfortunately missed), thought I'd try them outside. I'm still figuring out how to work all of the settings, but I was happy with how these two came out (flash was on camera, bouncing indirectly onto the cat tails). The flash provided just enough illumination to bring out the plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment