Monday, May 13, 2013

Beauty at Monticello

On the last Friday in April I spent the day at Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home) with my family. I posted kid/family photos on my other blog, but wanted to highlight the beautiful springtime shots I got here.

This one is currently my cover photo on my Facebook page, and was also my submission for "Signs of Spring" for the Weekly Photo Project two weeks ago. I absolutely love this photo!



There were beautiful tulip beds surrounding the lawn behind the house. I played with focus to get two very different photos from the same perspective. I can't decide which one I like better!



 
We found this small pool on one side of the house and really wanted to capture the reflection of the house in it. Because of space constraints and the large number of school age children walking around, I couldn't quite get the shot I wanted to, but am happy with the reflection here!

Because of the very bright mid-day light, a few photos didn't quite have the exposure that I was hoping for. That gives an opportunity for some alternative coloring! I like how both of these came out much better than the original.



No comments:

Post a Comment