Thursday, June 7, 2012

In the ferns


The "woods" behind Evan's parents' house have a section that looks a bit like a sea of fern fronds. While we were outside playing there a couple of weeks ago, Natalie looked so beautiful walking around in them that I just had to snap a couple of photos!
I'm in a photo contest in a Facebook group (more on that in a future post), and the theme that week was Black & White photos, so I thought this would be a nice way to experiment with B&W photography. I'm fairly pleased with the result!

This photo was the one I submitted as my entry that week. Sadly I didn't win, but the one chosen as the winner really was quite good.

The late afternoon light was so pretty that I couldn't just get B&W photos - I had to capture some in full color as well. Look at those greens! What makes it even better is that I did not touch up this photo at all - this was really the light/colors at the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment