Wednesday, June 27, 2012

After the rain

Last week a very large thunderstorm came through Leesburg. It didn't last very long, but we were hopeful that it would break the awful heat and humidity we had for the previous few days (for the most part it did). When the storm broke, I could see the sun shining through the clouds into our backyard and didn't want to miss the opportunity to snap a few pictures. 
Turns out it was still raining some when I walked out of the front door
 but it was so quiet and peaceful out that I grabbed an umbrella and kept going. The rain wasn't very hard, yet no one else was out - there weren't even any cars on the road. It was very peaceful.

This weeping willow is behind my house. I particularly like that you can see the sun shining onto the trees in the background (the one that is lighter yellow-green than the others).
 To the west I could see the sun peeking through the clouds. I love the muted colors in the sky.

 And as I turned around to head back towards our house, I caught this rainbow. Unfortunately I didn't have my telephoto lens to zoom in further, and it was a big faint at that point due to the sun moving behind the clouds, but I was still happy to see it!
Note: this last photo is the only one that was edited; I boosted the colors to pull out the rainbow a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment