Sunday, May 24, 2015

St. Louis Zoo | Animal Photographer

I absolutely adore taking photos of animals. So when I spent two days at the St. Louis Zoo for work, I could not pass up the opportunity to explore the zoo and capture the animals there. It was difficult to weed out my favorite animal photos here, and not post too many of the elephants, sea lions, and penguins (all of which I took many photos of!), but I did my best.

 I was so excited to find out that they have a red panda, as those are my absolute favorite zoo animals!






We were able to see one of the sea lion feedings from very close up...such beautiful animals!


 The penguins were in a very unique habitat, where we the visitors and the penguins were just on opposite sides of a low glass wall.
 

One of the other things I really liked about the zoo were the statues they had located throughout. This giant beetle was big enough for kids to climb on, and located just outside of the insect exhibits. Beautiful in the early morning sunshine!

This elephant statue was just inside the zoo from the main entrance. I photographed it from all angles, but this photo ended up being my favorite.

Finally, as we walked to the car on our last day, this scene was in front of us. I love a place that focuses on making the area nice, both inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment