Sunday, August 25, 2013

Street Photography: Old Town Alexandria

A couple of weeks ago I headed into Old Town Alexandria for dinner and a show at Medieval Madness with a group of friends. I arrived in Old Town about an hour early, as I hardly ever get out there, and I wanted to explore the area. I'm glad I did - it's absolutely beautiful, and it gave me an opportunity to try out some street photography, which I very rarely do.




 One of the things I have learned about photography is to not be embarrassed - never worry about how you look if you want to get that really great shot. While walking past a furniture store (not the one pictured above), I saw a mirror leaning up against the wall, and thought it might make for an interesting self portrait. I think it worked!


During the show, there was no photography allowed, and the lighting was really difficult (very, very dim). I did manage to get this photo of the goblet before the show started. 
The show was a lot of fun: the food was really good (authentic to the 1500s!), and the show was highly entertaining. If they run another Groupon deal, I recommend going!

No comments:

Post a Comment