Monday, November 30, 2015

Ballet Dance Recital 2015 | Dance Photographer

As all of you who follow me on Facebook know, I spent much of my time in June and July finishing the action/stage photos from the Loudoun School of Ballet's spring dance recitals. This was a huge undertaking - I ended the dress rehearsals with over 4,000 photos, spread over about 50 different classes. It took me the better part of a week to just organize everything! And at that point it was edit, edit, edit. I could not have been happier with the results, and am so thankful to the parents who chose to purchase from me.

I of course cannot post all of my favorite photos here - there are just way too many! So I thought in order to provide everyone with a sampling of the style of stage dance photography I do, I'd post my favorite shot from each class. Even narrowing it down this far is a little bit difficult, but I think I've managed to highlight the best ones. I also took posed "class photos" at the end of each dance, but the action shots are so much more interesting, I think!

The school has graded levels of ballet classes - in this recital were levels II - X. I have a soft spot for Ballet II since it was my daughter's class!
Ballet II


 Ballet III
 Ballet IV
Ballet V
Ballet VI
Ballet VII
Ballet VIII
Ballet IX
Ballet X
There are also non-level classes, ranging from beginning levels...
 Beginning Ballet
Intermediate Ballet
 
Pre-Teen Ballet
...to experienced girls who are in "special" performance groups.
Protege Ballet
Rising Stars Interns 

No comments:

Post a Comment