Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nutcracker Audition

Last month my daughter auditioned for a local production of The Nutcracker. I wasn't sure what the situation would be in regards to taking photos during the audition, but I was able to sit in on it and use my 70-300mm zoom lens to snap a few photos. The lighting was difficult, and I of course could not use a flash, but I think I was able to make do with the situation at hand.

The role her age group tried out for is "gift bearer", so during the party each of them would come forward with a gift to the front of the stage, curtsy, and return to the back. The older girls (chosen to play the main role of Clara) helped them out with their nervousness on the first run through (they each did it 3 times).
 




There was downtime while each girl would go up individually, so I got a few shots of the girls waiting patiently for their turns. I thought I'd try a different edit on this one.
And I'm in love with this shot of my beautiful dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment