Friday, July 12, 2013

Photo shoot at a lavender farm

My previous post were photos of the beautiful flora (and a few fauna!) at the Seven Oaks Lavender Farm. The real reason I went there, however, was to photograph two beautiful young ladies. I've wanted practice with more girls around their teen years, as I'd really like to do senior portraits next year, and our wonderful daycare provider was generous enough to let me use two of her daughters. The girls even volunteered to babysit the night before in exchange for dinner, then spent the night, and we headed out to the lavender farm early Saturday morning (after the appropriate hair and makeup time, of course!).

I wanted to catch the nice morning light; however, even at 9am the sun was quite strong. This was also good practice for me to work with that kind of light, and practice with my reflector to eliminate unwanted shadows. There's still a lot of practice to be done, but I'm very happy with these shots. The first ones are all from within the lavender bushes.







We then took our picked lavender over to a field where there were some haybales and used one as a backdrop. It was here that my reflector really came in handy.



And lastly, we went up to the porch at the big house and took some seated photos there.





It's a great location for a photo shoot (really, any field where there are some flowers will do!), so if you or your daughter are interested in a shoot like this, please contact me!


No comments:

Post a Comment