Sunday, October 2, 2016

Loudoun School of Ballet Winter Showcase | Dance Photographer

In February, I photographed the Jazz & Co Winter Showcase, once again at Franklin Park Arts Center. After my first time photographing there, I was a bit more prepared for the smaller stage and different lighting techniques. I also didn't have the technical issues I encountered the first time, so overall was much happier with the photos. The girls did a fantastic job, repeating a few of the performances ("Mother", "Escapade", "Crystals"), but adding many more to the show than in the fall performance. This performance was extra special to me because my daughter performed in it, with the Showkids performing group.

This time I present the photographs in show order, instead of by performing group as I did last time. Solos will be in a post after this, as it was so difficult to choose a favorite shot.
First Company: All That Jazz


Protege: Without You
Showkids: Born to Hand Jive
Loudoun Taps: Bang Dem Sticks
Second Company: Escapade
Protege: Crystals

Loudoun Taps: Walking My Baby
Rising Stars Interns: 9 to 5
First Company: Mother
Protege: Perpetual Expectancy
Rising Stars Interns: Administrative Assistants
Loudoun Taps: Fringe
Broadway Jazz: Thoroughly Modern Millie
Loudoun Taps: Holiday
Showkids: The Glow
 Jazz & Co: Seize the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment