Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lincoln Park Zoo | Animal Photographer

In November 2015, I took a trip through the midwest for work, finishing in Chicago. I had the chance to spend a couple of hours walking around the Lincoln Park Zoo, which I had heard wonderful things about. While it wasn't the top zoo I have ever been to, it was definitely a good one! I think part of it was the weather - it was such a beautiful cold, clear day.

I was fortunate to arrive when it first opened; between that and the cold weather, the other visitors were kept to a minimum. This meant I could get a lot of great shots of the animals.
 When the primate house opened, I was front and center to see this beautiful creature enjoying her breakfast. Look at the look in the second photo...so much intelligence there. I'm often torn between enjoying exposure to these beautiful primates, and being glad that we help save the population with zoo programs, and then also feeling sad at their being penned up inside.
 

I was so excited to find out that this zoo has red pandas! They are my absolute favorites.
 There were also a larger variety of big cats than I've seen at other zoos; these leopards were simply stunning.

 Final animal: a stork, posing in the falling sunlight.
 Truly, a lovely way to spend some time in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment