Saturday, June 13, 2015

Rising Stars Interns | Dance Photographer

In January, I had the opportunity to photograph a large number of dancers at my children's dance school. Through a series of unforeseen circumstances, the photographer who had been hired to do the action photography on stage ended up leaving during the dress rehearsal, so I was asked to step in at the last minute. I wasn't fully prepared, but did have my favorite lenses on me, and so I think I was able to capture the dancers as requested! I don't really want to post the photos I took of the little ones here, so instead I will focus on the high school age Interns, who dance with the little kids on stage. In addition to helping out the young ones, they also do their own opening and closing number. These girls are beautiful dancers and very sweet with the little kids, so I was glad to have the opportunity to get to capture them dancing!





 Without knowing the dances, it can be hard to anticipate when jumps will occur (although I am getting better as I do this more!). So it's always nice to capture something like this.



This weekend is once again the Rising Stars recital, and I was asked to officially photograph everyone this time! As I'm organizing, culling, and editing photos from three different dress rehearsals this weekend, I was reminded of these photos and what a lovely job these girls did. I am looking forward to getting the more recent photos of them posted from this week! From just looking through on my camera, and showing the girls a few of my favorites, I think they are excited as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment