Friday, December 7, 2012

Light trails

My kids have colored flashlights that they enjoy playing with while the lights are out. I wanted to play with long exposure times, and thought that having the kids move these lights around in the darkened living room could make for some cool shots.
As this was the first effort with doing this many of the shots were terrible, some were ok but not what I'd like, others it's not apparent what you're looking at, and some were actually pretty cool!
 I like how in the one above you can still sort of see Henry's face!


I then convinced the kids to turn off all lights to eliminate so much background light as in the photos above. The result was below - beautiful color streams on a black background!


My daughter's face lit by the flashlight on its pink setting.
For a first try, I'm fairly happy but I can't wait to work on this further!

No comments:

Post a Comment