Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fall in Leesburg

Exactly one month ago today I headed out locally in Leesburg to take some photos of the beautiful fall foliage before it disappeared.
These first two shots were taken from the exact same spot using my 50mm prime lens; I was playing with depth of field to see what I liked better.
Left: f/1.8, 1/1000 exposure
Right: f/4.0, 1/1000 exposure
I'm not really sure which one I like better - the change in depth of field really makes for two different photos!
 
 This was my submission that same week for "Autumn" in my weekly photo project on FB. I didn't win, but I'm really happy with how this photo came out, and the beautiful colors that are on display.
 These woods were on the same side of the road as we were...the afternoon light coming through the trees was gorgeous. I had a hard time picking a favorite of all of the ones I shot, but I think this was it.
 So much yellow!
 My photographer-in-training went along on the excursion with me, using my Canon point-and-shoot to take photos at the same time. She did a very nice job as a photographer...and as a subject!
These woods are next to the driveway that runs up to my office building. I'm particularly glad that I got these shots last month, as after Hurricane Sandy all of the leaves are gone, and a good chunk of the trees are down now.
Skipping ahead in time to this week - the trees lining the driveway (the picture above was taken off to the left of the one below) have change color a month after everything else. This red is absolutely gorgeous as you drive up to the building!


The theme this week for the weekly photo project was "5 miles" as in submit a photo taken within 5 miles of your home. My office is less than 2 miles away, so I submitted the second of these three photos - as soon as I heard the topic I knew I would submit this view. I'll find out later tonight if mine is chosen as this week's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment