Thursday, March 7, 2013

Weekly Photo Project (WPP): My winning photos

I've previously mentioned on here that for about a year now I have participated in a closed group on Facebook called "The Weekly Photo Project". Anyone can be invited in (I was invited by the cousin of the founder of the group, who is a friend of mine, and I've invited at least 4 others in); the premise of the group is to provide a topic to go out and try to shoot that week. You don't  have to have taken the photo that week (we've had people submit photos from years ago when they feel that it meets that week's description), but often members will try to take something new. The person who submits that week's topic gets to choose his/her favorite from all of the submissions (somewhere from 15-20 typically), and that week's winner then gets to pick the topic and favorite for the next week.


I have won twice in the past year: first was the week of April 2-8, 2012. The topic was "Something Round", and it happened that just a couple of weeks earlier I had taken some photos in DC with a girlfriend; I thought this photo was perfect and apparently the winner from the week before agreed!


The second week that I won was October 22-28, 2012. The category was "Abandoned", and again just that weekend I had taken a perfect photo. I had gone out to take some fall photos, and got this great shot of an abandoned barn nearby.

This is in no way to say that mine were the "best" submissions each week - everyone may think a different photo is the "best"; the choice is highly subjective, and I am highly appreciative of being chosen both of those weeks, particularly with the excellent submissions from my Photo Project friends.

I'm not going to go back and detail all of my submissions from the past year here, but I would like to try and catch up for 2013, and then each week when I make my submission also post it here. So, tomorrow I will start with the first week in January and go through 2013 until I catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment