Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Tasha"

I wanted to separate this post from the previous one, even though it took place on the same day and at the same location. While hiking around in Balls Bluff Park with my family, we ran into this beauty below (named Tasha) and her owner Nancy.
Tasha is a sweetheart - a 10 year old Golden Retriever who was just full of life and excitement. She was such  a wonderful listener to her owner, holding still for me to obtain these fantastic shots of her.

I know that this one on the right is very similar to the one above, at least in her face, but I love the way that you can see her collar so well.


Here's a full body shot of her, and in it you can see one of the things that made Tasha so special - she's missing one of her front legs! According to Nancy, Tasha had to have her leg removed about 3 years ago, and she in no way let it slow her down.

As you can see in this photo, she was loving running around as much as any other dog (and much more than some that I've seen who are half her age and have all 4 legs!). I wasn't sure about this shot at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I'm hopeful to do more pet photography, so if you are interested please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment