Friday, April 20, 2012

Pink dogwoods

In my excursion around Leesburg two weeks ago, I stumbled across a recently-blooming pink dogwood tree. I love dogwoods; we had about 5 white dogwoods lining the driveway of the house I grew up in, and I think they're lovely flowers. Add to that the fact that they are the state flower of Virginia...makes them even better in my estimation. And to find these beautiful pink ones!


 I had the idea to lay under the tree and shoot the blooms from underneath. The contrast of the pink against the brilliant blue sky was stunning, and for me really makes these next few shots.
 In the shot above, I didn't turn on my flash. I like this perspective, as it allows you to see the natural shading from the sun hitting the blooms. However, I wanted to light them up from below as well, so for the next two photos I used a flash.

 This next photo is not a pink dogwood, but it is a beautiful pink flower blooming on a tree. I have no idea what type of flowering tree this is, but it looks very similar to a rose. I want one in my yard! If someone knows what it is, please tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment